We recently told you about a Commonwealth Fund report that ranked Arizona as the 33rd healthiest state in the nation. Well – another health report card just came out…..this one from America’s Health Rankings and Arizona is ranked slightly higher at number 30.
- Low rate of cancer deaths
- Low rate of preventable hospitalizations
- Low rate of cardiovascular deaths
…..and the challenges were:
- Low per capita public health funding
- High percentage of children in poverty
- Low rate of high school graduation
30 is a long way from number 1, but we remain steadfast in our resolve to pursue solutions that will help us one day reach our vision of making Arizona the Healthiest State in the Nation! We have some ideas that we’ll be telling you about in the coming weeks, but we want to hear your ideas as well. Working together is one of the keys to driving big change and driving Arizona to the top of the national health rankings!