18. That’s the total number of confirmed measles cases in our state following Wednesday’s report of a new case in Pinal County.
The department says the new case is tied to a private detention center in Eloy, like all the other Pinal County cases.
Health officials say the new measles case doesn’t pose a risk to the public.
17 of the 18 confirmed measles cases have been identified in Pinal County with the other case found in Maricopa County. Fox 10 News in Phoenix is reporting that the Maricopa County person is no longer infectious and also does not pose a threat to the public.
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) did list potential exposure areas, related to this new case, on its website. Those locations include:
- Monday, June 20, 2016:
- Walgreens, 1514 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sunday, June 19, 2016:
- Dollar General, 412 S Sunshine Blvd, Eloy, AZ 85131, from 7 to 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 18, 2016:
- Dillard’s, 1117 N Promenade Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- Kohl’s, 976 N Mission Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
- Harkins Theatres, 1341 N Promenade Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Friday, June 17, 2016 :
- Circle K, 817 N. Main St., Eloy, AZ 85131, from 7 to 10:30 a.m.
- Sam’s Club, 2425 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 8 to 11:30 a.m.
- Vantage West Credit Union, 2008 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Food City, 1162 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mercado Y Carniceria El Pima, 116 N Casa Grande Ave, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Previously identified exposure locations can be found at StopTheSpreadAZ.org.
Measles is highly contagious and symptoms can appear up to 21 days after exposure. We will continue to follow the measles outbreak in Arizona and bring you the latest information on any new reports. Keeping people informed about key health issues in our state is just one more piece of our long-term goal to one day make Arizona the Healthiest State in the Nation!