Annual enrollment for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace opens today. Here in Arizona….it opens amid soaring prices and growing concerns. Below are a number of recent articles both close to home and from around the country regarding the open enrollment period in our state.
- Tucson.com – “Obamacare 2017: Higher Prices, Fewer Choices”
- PublicNewsService.org – “Health Care Marketplace Reopens Today: What You Need to Know”
- AzCentral.com – “Obamacare Enrollment Opens This Week in Arizona With Higher Costs, Fewer Choices”
- Wall Street Journal – “Inside the Affordable Care Act’s Arizona Meltdown”
- The Washington Times – “Key Facts About Rising Arizona Health Insurance Premiums”
- Fox News – “Health Law Enrollment Opens Amid Volatility”
- Arizona Daily Star – “Obamacare 2017: A Peek Behind the Numbers”
- New York Times – “Increase in Health Act Premiums May Affect Arizona Vote”
- Tucson Sentinel – AZ Faces Steepest Obamacare Hike in U.S.; Subsidies Could Curb Pain”
- National Public Radio – “Insurance Open Enrollment Gets Mixed Reviews From Consumers”
Remember, if you do get your insurance through the marketplace – you must enroll in a plan by December 15th for the coverage to be effective on January 1st. With that in mind, here are a few other websites you might find helpful.
As always, we would love to hear your thoughts on the open enrollment period and what you believe it means for the people of Arizona. This is obviously a hot button topic in our state so it is important to keep the lines of communication open…..because constructive dialogue will help us find practical solutions that benefit Arizonans. And the more we can move the health needle in our state…..the closer we get to our long-term goal of one day making Arizona the Healthiest State in the Nation!