Today’s blog comes to us from our friends at Community Bridges, Inc. (CBI), a non-profit integrated behavioral healthcare agency offering a variety of programs and services for Arizonans to become the best possible version of themselves. With September being National Recovery Month, we in Arizona are fortunate to have access to the largest recovery month celebration and expo on Saturday, Sept. 22. Read more about it below, and know that this is yet another way we are working together to make Arizona the Healthiest State in the Nation!
It’s Time to Celebrate, Not Mourn
We hear a lot about the devastation that surrounds mental health and substance use—and that goes for the individuals and their families, coworkers and friends. National headlines certainly have brought to light the fact that these diseases do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and so on.
20 Million Live in Long-Term Recovery
Because addiction to alcohol and drugs, just like other chronic diseases, effects people from all walks of life, we think it’s important to take a pause and celebrate the fact that almost 20 million people are living life in long-term recovery, according to the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence.
So, in celebration of those in recovery, and to be a beacon of light and resources for those who are not, Community Bridges, Inc. (CBI) and almost 100 community partners are hosting Arizona’s largest recovery month celebration and expo.
Celebrate the Art of Recovery Expo (CARE)
The 13th annual free Celebrate the Art of Recovery Expo (CARE), offers educational workshops, inspirational speakers, resources and solutions for businesses, community members, educators, families and individuals struggling with the effects of addiction and behavioral health issues.
With an emphasis on awareness, education, prevention and recovery, attendees of CARE have an opportunity to meet and learn from leading professionals in addiction and behavioral health treatment.
- Engage with almost 2,500 exhibitors from the behavioral health industry along with anonymous groups and counselors
- Meet with professional counselors on-site
- Realize that people can recover every day, just like Keynote Speaker, Justin Luke Riley
- Learn to cope with the feelings and behaviors associated with relapse
- Witness the strength of one man as he describes his 1,024-day cross-country journey of recovery from sexual assault and PTSD
- Hear how addiction affected one family’s journey, and knowing you can turn it around
- Receive a CARE shirt if you are one of the first 250 attendees
- Watch the documentary ‘Chasing the Dragon: The Life of an Opiate Addict’ in private
- Get motivated and inspired by a former NFL coach
WHEN | WHERE
Phoenix Convention Center, South Building, Hall G
33 N. 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 (3rd St. and Jefferson)
Saturday, Sept. 22 from 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Recovery is possible, and CARE provides the inspiration, the hope, and the resources to help those in need. See you there!